Wednesday, September 1, 2010
A post we were hoping not to make...
On Tuesday afternoon we received a rather grave report on Bethel's health. She got sick and became critical very quickly. We held out hope and prayed for a miracle, but unfortunately we are saddened to tell you that we were informed this morning that Bethel did not make it through the night. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers over Bethel and for our family. Our kids took the news pretty well and we are feeling the love from all of our family and friends. We believe Bethel was brought into our lives and hearts - and yours - for a reason. We don't fully understand that reason right now but trust that the Lord is already at work to bring good from this tragedy. We will be having a service for Bethel and provide details soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for your family. And for all the waiting children out there.
ReplyDeleteI don't know who you are - just saw a friend's facebook post about your loss. 3 years ago this month we recv'd this same sad news by phone about our son, Titus, that we were adopting from Haiti. I just want to tell you - my family is praying for yours. I know your loss and I am so very sorry. You are right - God placed Bethel in your heart and lives for a bigger purpose than what you understand at this moment. Though she won't be in your home she is in His and that is GLORIOUS! May more children know the love of a family because of Bethel's life!
ReplyDeleteMay His Comfort and sufficiency in all things surround you right now.
Lori Tugwell
www.thetitustask.com
I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet baby girl, Bethel. Praying for your hearts as you go through these difficult days may you know His peace and the love of the brethren.
ReplyDeleteI have been following for the last month and have been praying for you precious daughter. I am so very sorry for you and your families loss. We will continue to lift you up in prayer. May the Lord bring you all peace that only He can.
ReplyDeleteYour precious family is in our prayers as you work through this loss. Praying for peace that passes all understanding.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. We too are adopting from Ethiopia and my heart aches for you. Very few can understand how you can love a child you have never met. But I know you do. Do not be discouraged, God is good and holy, He is in every detail. Persevere my friend, you are not alone, our Father is holding your family right now. And you will someday be dancing in Heaven with your baby Bethel.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Kameron
www.theshadrickslove.com
I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteMay God give you guys the blessings and hugs and love that only He can provide during this time. As I sit here on the verge of tears thinking of Bethel I am reminded of my son Brighton who went home after 76 days due to some of the same reasons (primarily malnutrition)...
ReplyDeleteI believe with all of my heart that Brighton and Bethel are sitting on God's lap - the least of His now the Highest and Best of His - made completely whole again in Him.
I believe that. I really do.
Please know I am praying for you guys and have had you on my mind all weekend. God bless you...
We haven't and probably won't have time to individually respond to each message of encouragement but are so thankful for them all. Thanks for helping share the load of our mourning. We know that Bethel's passing is not the end of her story...
ReplyDelete